The sporadic episodes of thought and feeling, unfiltered, that I am prone to and need to release.

10.6.10

No Change to Believe In


I suppose things only looked like they were going to change.

I was excited when Susan Gwinn was unseated from the Athens Country Democratic Party Central Committee1, guaranteeing she would no longer chair the party. Naturally, a letdown followed. Establishment candidate, Athens City Council President, and Gwinn ally Bill Bias won the party chair by a 38-26 vote despite the efforts of a reform faction.

In the end, it will be more of the same. I can only hope that the reform wing of the party continues to gain momentum and can accrue enough members to affect real change2. Maybe I can just hope that guys like Alan Swank3 will have the balls to say whom he voted for after giving a speech in support of one of the candidates.

I don't know why I maintain my Democrat registration.  I hate this party.
________________________________________________________ 

1 That's a long name.
2 I considered running for Central Committee, but my time in Athens is drawing to a close, and I would be going up against arguably the strongest member of the party in Lenny Eliason.
3 If anyone embodies the elitist, you-can't-be-happy-if-I'm-not-happy stereotype of Democrats, it's Swank. I do not like the guy. I think he's a hypocrite and a phony. Yes, I've told him as much. He was drunk at the time, though.

No comments:

I Have Fans?

About Me

My photo
I am who I think I am, I am who you know I am, I am who I want to be, who I was, who I could be, who I can't be. I am.