The sporadic episodes of thought and feeling, unfiltered, that I am prone to and need to release.

17.8.10

Not the Race, Not the Finish

Some fairly standard boilerplate here.

Yeah, it's nice to get a little affirmation every now and then, but this isn't anything I haven't seen before.  Look, yes, us "nice guys" do tend to do those things, and yes, it would be nice for that to be recognized, appreciated, and acted upon.
But let's be honest here.  Most "nice guys" find themselves in the friend zone because they don't have the balls to make a move and ask a girl out.  There's a window.  The guys who have a little courage are the ones that don't let it close.  Most "nice guys" let the window close then complain about it.  They don't try to re-open it, either.

In other words: The "nice guys" need to look in the mirror a little bit.

1 comment:

Capital Katie said...

Also, I read that, and I would like to submit that there is a difference between being a nice guy and being a total fucking doormat.

"And even though you thought it was immature and you had nothing against the guy, you paused the game for two hours and helped her concoct a counter-rumor to spread around the floor."

WTF, enabling?! How about you say to her, "don't worry about it, the truth is on your side, slinging mud will just ultimately make you look bad so put on your big girl pants, act like an adult and let it slide"? What are you worried about, that she's not going to like you anymore if you stand up to her? Newsflash: She already doesn't like you, otherwise you would be dating her. Maybe she'll actually respect you in the morning if you respect yourself.

I'm almost tempted to write a blog post about this myself. Geezus.

I Have Fans?

About Me

My photo
I am who I think I am, I am who you know I am, I am who I want to be, who I was, who I could be, who I can't be. I am.