The sporadic episodes of thought and feeling, unfiltered, that I am prone to and need to release.

10.6.07

Your Letter

I was unpacking my things earlier when I found it. I didn't know I still had it; I must have thrown it somewhere long ago and forgotten about it. The curious soul I am, I read it again. The words were still familiar: "I do NOT (emphasis yours) play games and I don't want to string you along."

I think we all know how well you lived up to those words. In the end, all you did was play games. Just a few short days ago, you still were when I ran into your mother briefly. I noticed your fake smile, your faux friendly attitude. If I was motivated, I would wonder what part of you was the truth. Or do you even know?

No matter. I haven't thrown the letter away-it's now where I put such things-but I have thrown you away. If someone reads it and they ask who you are, I'll just say, "Oh, some girl. She doesn't matter."

And just so you know, I'm not playing games.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I just feel like this deserves a boo-yah.

I Have Fans?

About Me

My photo
I am who I think I am, I am who you know I am, I am who I want to be, who I was, who I could be, who I can't be. I am.