The sporadic episodes of thought and feeling, unfiltered, that I am prone to and need to release.

30.9.07

Busy Week

It's been a while since I have had a more eventful period of time. Let's break it down into sections.

Work: I started at CVS, and it's what you can expect from retail, easy and completely mentally unstimulating. I do like the people there, and the managers seem like good people. In Athens, one could do a lot worse. Tim is there as well, which is always a nice thing. What sucks is that I have to do a lot of truck. Truck comes in, by the way, at 4 a.m. on Thursday. I usually work until 7 p.m. on Wednesdays. With practice three hours later, that leaves little time for sleep. Perhaps I should buy stock in Red Bull, as I'm certainly helping their business.

School: Not enjoying myself. Of course, I had two exams Thursday, and I wasn't ready for either. It didn't help I was going on 36 hours or so without sleep. I got my oral exam back for Spanish. The professor wrote, "I expect better next time." That's funny, because I don't. This year is going to be furiously clawing to keep from falling off the cliff, I can feel it.

Sports: Yikes. Football looked bad in losses to Wyoming and Kent. I guess it's back to form for them. But volleyball lost to Miami. Holy crap, that was terrible. I never saw them play so poorly before. They rebounded and pasted BG the next night, but it's still sad to see the home and conference winning streaks ended. The girls were real upset. I guess they'll just be that much more focused now for the rest of the season.

Girl: OK, a bit of a different story. She came down Saturday (though later than intended). Took her to the game- apparently she hadn't really been to a sporting event before, so I think that overwhelmed her a bit. She liked the 110, though. From there, we went to Sonic. She loved the drink selections. We had a lot of fun there, blowing straw wrappers and just talking about a whole lot of stuff. The conversation turned a bit serious, to the subject of "we." We talked about how we met, what we thought about each other at first. I confessed that I was afraid to talk to her at first because I thought she was beautiful. Later, I was afraid to talk to her because I felt myself developing feelings for her. I told her I was surprised how much we have in common, and that as we were talking, I liked her more. We also expressed hesitations and reservations. In the end, we agreed to go for it. Literally, she said, "I think it's worth a shot." Then she blew a straw wrapper at me.
(Full disclosure: She's in high school. And I realize how bad this looks, and we talked about it. She's mature, and the age gap isn't really that big. I know friends dating someone further away from them in age. She is a senior, though. I'm not a pedo or anything.)
After Sonic, we came back to my place. What did we do? Super Mario Kart, of course! That was followed by some Monty Python. After that, she had to go. I took her to Donkey because she wanted coffee (she loved it). Then we were sitting in her car at the end. Because I like quaint romantic gestures, I took her hand and kissed it. She said, "Is that all?" Of course, I said no.

So there we go. I could throw out more "aww" moments out there, but I won't.

----------------
Now playing: Santa Esmerelda - Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to disagree with you, but it really doesn't matter how "mature" a girl may seem. High school girls -- and even freshman, sophomore, and sometimes junior college women -- have a tremendous amount of growing up to do. There's just no overstating it. She's not an adult yet -- not by age, not by experience, not by understanding.

But from the looks of the way you publish your entire private life through conversations on your facebook wall, you're not any more mature than she probably is. So, I don't see a proverbial age gap between you ... simply a literal one.

Monty said...

Wow, tell me how you really feel.

However, what does Facebook have to do with anything? Those people are my friends, and I talk to them about my life. I do not see that as a lack of maturity.

Cheryl said...

awwwww

The age thing ... eh, I'm trying to get over it myself. I think my boy was really put off by the fact that, "Wow, she's 10 years younger than I am." And then the more we talked, the more we both realized that the age didn't matter so much because we have so much in common and are at the same points in our lives. The only time it's really shocking is when he says something like, "I voted for George Bush in 1992," and I'm like, "I think he won our second grade mock election that year." Or when he says, "I went to see 'Aladdin' when I was a senior in high school," and I say, "I think that came out when I was in third grade."

I Have Fans?

About Me

My photo
I am who I think I am, I am who you know I am, I am who I want to be, who I was, who I could be, who I can't be. I am.