The sporadic episodes of thought and feeling, unfiltered, that I am prone to and need to release.

8.4.07

Easter Meditations

I'm sitting here simultaneously hungry and not hungry. You know that feeling? It's a weird feeling. I should probably make myself something to eat, but I just want to sit here for a while. In fact, that's what I'm doing. There was about five minutes between those two sentences. And another five between this and the previous. Hmm.

Easter is my favorite holiday. I know Christmas is part of the cultural zeitgeist, but I've never been that big on Christmas for reasons I've illustrated before. Easter, though, does it for me. It represents everything that is wonderful about the Faith and about Jesus. At church today, the pastor talked about Easter being a time for God to rejuvenate us. I agree. I usually come away from Easter feeling more energetic, more excited about my faith. For those that don't share the Faith, I can tell you that it's a weight. It grinds. It can wear you down. It's good, then, to have days like these to recharge us.

And I do feel recharged. Heck, I was able to get out of bed at 9:30 on a Sunday. That's a good sign, and evidence enough for me that God is working through me. You think I could've gotten up on my own after falling asleep somewhere around 6?

I'm also feeling very reflective, though. Today is about rejoicing for Jesus and His Rising, but I can't help but think of other things on this day. I've been thinking on the past year. What have I done? Who have I helped? Have I kept the Faith? Am I impacting people in a positive way or a negative way? Am I making myself better? Am I doing what God has set me out to do? How can I improve over the next year?
To be sure, these are weighty questions. They're not lightly taken. So I'll probably spend much of the day in thought and prayer... again, a good thing. I just hope that I and my friends can help lead me down the correct path for this coming year.

No comments:

I Have Fans?

About Me

My photo
I am who I think I am, I am who you know I am, I am who I want to be, who I was, who I could be, who I can't be. I am.