The sporadic episodes of thought and feeling, unfiltered, that I am prone to and need to release.

4.4.07

Low Pressure, High Pressure, Pressure, Pressure, Pressure

You know, I really would like to just forget about Carolyn. Just bury her and leave her behind. However, that seems to be just impossible, considering where I live and who I interact with. It just gets brought up. I don't like bringing it up, I don't enjoy talking about it, but it happens. And then I get thinking about it, and the whole thing makes me mad. Seriously, how does someone decide to hate you for reasons they made up in the first place? Bah!

And then... oh man. Near the end of last quarter, we went to Rio Grande for dinner. Love that place. After all, they make their own chips and salsa and you get as much of it as you want for free... you can't beat that! Plus, all the people work there are Mexican. Half of them are even legally in the country. So we had a good time there. At the end, the waiter tried to get me to do a shot of Tequila... and I didn't want to do it. I don't have a reason, I just didn't. But he was determined; he even got the entire restaurant to chant, "Drink it! Drink it!" A couple boys started doing it, but their mom immediately pulled their arms down, which was pretty funny. Needless to say, I dug my heels in. He ended up drinking the stuff himself, and I had a very red face.
When we were coming back, completely out of the freaking blue, one of my female friends goes, "You don't find me attractive, do you?" WHAT THE CRAP?!?!? Seriously, it was all I could do not to fall over the stairs. Listen, ladies, there is absolutely NO good answer to that question. Don't ever ask it. I was mortified. I don't think I even was able to form words in response. Of course, she took this to mean my answer was "no" (when really the only think I could think was, "JUMP THROUGH THE CLOSEST WINDOW!"). So she got all hurt and got that tone of voice girls get when they're hurt but pretend like they're not... oy. Plus, she has a boyfriend! So what the heck! Ugh. I'd like to just bash my head against something sharp and hard, please. It would all just be so much easier.

Speaking of women, I went to a reception for the Japanese students that are here for the quarter. I wasn't feeling especially gregarious, so I just sort of did that standing around awkwardly thing I'm really good at. However, Hiroki seemed to appreciate my appearance, and that's why I did it in the first place. I do have to say, though, that there was a handful of comely Japanese ladies. So that was nice. I almost even talked to one of them.

It's taken forever just to write this much and I have a lot of work to do, so... I'm cutting this short.

1 comment:

Eclecticbookwrm said...

This is so you Jeffrey it's ridiculous. And before you ask, "what's that supposed to mean?" Just take it as a compliment, meaning I enjoyed reading this entry. OK? Ok. =)

I Have Fans?

About Me

My photo
I am who I think I am, I am who you know I am, I am who I want to be, who I was, who I could be, who I can't be. I am.