The sporadic episodes of thought and feeling, unfiltered, that I am prone to and need to release.

8.3.10

Staring Into the Eyes of Evil

I was talking to class a couple weeks ago1 with my usual strategy of looking at the ground. I noticed someone in my peripheral vision about to run into me. Reflexively, I look to see who is about to crash into me and judge whatever defensive maneuvers I need to make. I find myself staring into the eyes of her2, six inches away.

Time freezes for a moment. The last person I want to see and at a distance I never wanted to be within. My eyes narrow slightly. Hers widen. I am deathly afraid she is going to say something, and I think she is afraid I might say something.


Then, my brain shouts, “MOVE!” My feet begin moving. I don't look back. No words are exchanged. No real acknowledgment shared. As it must be.
__________________________________________________________

1 As per Al Gore's demands to fight global warming.

2 If you're unclear who this is, backtrack in the blog or follow the “Misadventures in Romance” label.

No comments:

I Have Fans?

About Me

My photo
I am who I think I am, I am who you know I am, I am who I want to be, who I was, who I could be, who I can't be. I am.