The sporadic episodes of thought and feeling, unfiltered, that I am prone to and need to release.

12.9.10

Investagatory Journalism

Back in the spring, my roommate's girlfriend told me a mutual acquaintance of ours said I am creepy.  Now, I'm not one for caring much what others say about me, but "creepy" is not something I deal with.  At the very least, I would like to know why said person finds me creepy.  Luckily, I had an an entire summer to stew over it.  I asked her about it last weekend.  She said she meant I'm creepy in a good way, which: What?  How in the world is that a good thing?  She further illustrated: "I find spiders creepy, but they're awesome."

Not too much more helpful.  It was a weird explanation that didn't make sense to me, and I figured she couldn't come up with a better lie immediately.  Not the best end to the story, but whatever.  I put it behind me.  Then, the other night, a friend told me the real reason she finds me creepy is because I'm "always having girls over."

Huh?

So many things here.
  1. What are we, Puritans?  I'm in my mid-20's.  Is there something wrong with having guests of the opposite sex?  If so, I missed that notice.
  2. The assumption that, when girls are here as my guest, we're doing anything remotely sexual is weird and, ironically, creepy.
  3. You know how many women I've had over here in the last year?  Four.  Four.  If that somehow equates to "all the time," standards have been taken to an all-time low.  Steve and I brain conferenced, and in the two and a half years he's lived with me, we came up with seven females I have had here as my guest.  I just thought of another, so that's eight.  Eight.  In two and a half years.  Not only am I not having women over "all the time," the exact opposite is true.  Women are rarely darkening my doorstep.
I think that showed her!  Yeah, I totally came out on top!   

1 comment:

Capital Katie said...

I darkened your doorstep! Yeah!

I Have Fans?

About Me

My photo
I am who I think I am, I am who you know I am, I am who I want to be, who I was, who I could be, who I can't be. I am.