The sporadic episodes of thought and feeling, unfiltered, that I am prone to and need to release.

6.5.10

Almost Car Crash

Eeeiiiirh.

The unmistakable sound of a brake applied in panic was accompanied by whistles and murmurs.  I was about to enter Bentley Hall when I heard it.  Turning around, I saw an SUV at a 45-degree angle to the curb. Another care was right behind it.  Somehow, the SUV failed to turn when coming off Congress Street.

Looking around, people were confused, trying to make sense of what had occurred.  I look back at the SUV.  It's a Mercedes.  The driver is Chinese.

"Of course," I think, then immediately scold myself for the thought.  The driver of the car behind the Mercedes is white.  I wonder if anyone else notices this.
The car backs up, then the SUV.  How did this happen?  Was she on the phone?  Did she blank out?  Is she freaked?  Is the other driver freaked?

Straightening itself out, the SUV proceeds up Richland.  The car pulls into the first parking space.  She probably needs a moment to gather herself.  I look back at my fellow bystanders.  They've resumed talking or smoking or walking.  I look back to the car.  It's empty.  I don't see the driver.

No comments:

I Have Fans?

About Me

My photo
I am who I think I am, I am who you know I am, I am who I want to be, who I was, who I could be, who I can't be. I am.