The sporadic episodes of thought and feeling, unfiltered, that I am prone to and need to release.

29.1.08

Sometimes, Life is Pretty Wonderful

I just want to say, if you've never listened to Explosions in the Sky, you need to leave this blog now and do so. I can't recommend it enough or praise them enough. Their music is, quite simply, epic. I can't wait to turn off the lights, close my eyes, and just experience them. It's a rare treat.

I don't often have them, but Saturday was a genuinely good day. There was basketball (a too-close win over Ball State), there was helping a friend, and there was going to Casa Cantina at night to watch Southeast Engine play. A townie was really enjoying himself, running around, dancing, waving his drink glass around. People dancing in the middle, not well or technically but clearly just riding the moment. There's just something great about having a pint of raspberry wheat (good stuff!), jamming along with your friends to a great band. When we all screamed "whooooooa!" during "Where Are You Now?" it just felt... genuine, you know? Like this is one of the moments of life that you always will remember. It wasn't white-knuckle exciting, but it was the manifestation of something you can't fake. Having my oldest OU friend with me (among others), taking in an excellent performance by one of my favorite bands... it doesn't get a whole lot better than that, does it?

No comments:

I Have Fans?

About Me

My photo
I am who I think I am, I am who you know I am, I am who I want to be, who I was, who I could be, who I can't be. I am.